Thursday, November 29, 2007

Now That's Funny...

In my never ending search to keep you interested (now that I think about it I may be the only person seeing this and therefor I suppose I am just trying to keep myself interested, anyway) I have stumbled across some interesting, sad, nuts and funny stuff. Today I want to share a couple of things I have seen recently that just make me wonder. Here are some headlines.

1) Pink Faberge Egg fetches record $18.5 million. (Good Lord who did that??)

2) Supermodel inspires NBA players hot streak. (I researched this a little... He makes $6+ million/year and has averaged over 12 minutes more per game in the past 4 games what that has to do with a girl....)

3) Sears Holdings 3Q profit plunges 99% (Is this surprising? When was the last time you went to Sears or Kmart)

4) Airlines add traveler services (They are going to contact you when your flight is delayed or cancelled.... My experience has been that they ACT like they don't know until you are on the plane and sitting on the Tarmac... by the way at this point I have already been told to turn off my cell phone... I guess my question is how are they going to contact me, over the PA system on the plane?)

5) Tricks to lessen the house value slide (They never mentioned don't sell... you don't lose money if you don't sell. A few years ago a the statistic for people moving in GA was that over 80% of all moves were from one county to another. If you can stay where you are for a few more years you won't lose money.)

6) Touring 50 Cent's crib ( How does a man with an $80,000 dollar chandelier in his dining room get the name 50 cent???)

And the ultimate...

7) Unlucky lottery winner (It seems this lottery winner is a convicted bank robber who isn't supposed to be gambling... "Sorry, dude you can't have the money!" Talk about a high turning into a low)

No comments: