Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday?

I think it is interesting that somehow the Friday after Thanksgiving has been dubbed "Black Friday". What is so black about it? Ok, for me it is sort of black, I mean I can hardly move from yesterday so all I can see is the back of my eyelids and even then it is not totally dark. I don't think it is black for the retailers. They are bringing in more cash (or receipts) today than any other day of the year. It's not black for news people, they have plenty to talk about. How many parking spaces are left, who lost the fight for the "tickle me Joe Bob" or whatever.

I just don't know how that happened. The day after the day we reserve for giving thanks should not be dubbed Black Friday. Most of us are off work so we don't even have to deal with that. Granted it is a madhouse at most stores and malls today but even that can be fun if you have the right approach to the "event".

I hope you don't see this day or any other as a Black day. God has created you and me to shine a light on every day. I hope you will.

By the way, I have done a little calculating and the best I can figure is that about 30 days after today is about as close to a black day as you get, after all that is when the credit card bill will come due.

Happy Bright Friday!

No comments: