Thursday, November 1, 2007

I am BLESSED!

The last few days have not been good for me. I have a problem that has happened 3 different times. We can't figure out what causes it but are still working on that. Last night I didn't think I was going to make it without a trip to the ER. However, I woke up at 1AM to find myself dripping wet and feeling 1000 times better. PHEEEEW I am glad that life altering, near death, noone is experiencing what I have, time has passed.

Then today I visit two people in the hospital. One is a teammate who is probably one of the sweetest people I know that has a recurring problem with her intestines and has been in since the weekend. The other is a great guy who has become a good friend of ours from the softball field. He has blood clots in his left leg, bypass has been attempted and failed twice and now he is faced with the choice of keep the leg and deal with the pain or lose the pain and the leg. WOW!

I don't know what that means to you but for me I need to get a grip on myself sometimes. No matter how "bad" things are going for me, God has blessed me with a family, a job, a church, health, love, friends, community, etc...

I pray that God will show me those times when I am focusing too much on what I am dealing with when I should be focusing on what I have to be thankful for.

The next time you start feeling sorry for yourself go visit some folks in the hospital maybe I will see you there.

No comments: