Monday, October 22, 2007

Encouragement

I don't know about you but I love to receive encouragement. It empowers me to take steps I would not have otherwise taken. It gives me courage to stand strong in difficult times. It gives me the will to forge ahead when I am tired and feel like quitting. I love and need encouragement.

However, I am terrible when it comes to handing out encouragement. I have spurts of time when I send cards, slap backs, give credit, etc... But generally they are small and short lived spurts. I know that God has put me in my current position, (whether it be home, work or play) to help those around me be their best. Occasionally, I need to be reminded that I need to be an encourager. I allow myself to get caught up in what "I" am dealing with and lose focus on one of my duties as a leader in these three areas. I can't encourage OTHERS when I focus on me.

I pray that God will help me be an encourager. I want to encourage my wife when she is stuck doing laundry or struggling with family issues. I want to encourage my girls through their homework and tough times on the softball field. I want to encourage my co-workers when they are tired and weary. I want to encourage you through this blog.

Pray for me as I strive to be an encouragement to others.

No comments: