Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Do I have a problem?

I don't know about you but for me, I have no problem seeing where you, or anyone else, are making mistakes. This goes for any aspect of your life. I can see your flaws from 10 miles away. I can see every pit and pothole you have fallen into and are about to go into. As a matter of fact, when I read my Bible your name comes to my mind. when I read verses and stories I have no problem putting you right there. Not the good ones, the bad ones. For example, when the Bible says "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." I know exactly which one of you that is talking about. Weird huh!!

Answer this question and I will tell you what I discovered.
"Who was the Bible written for?" (Insert the theme from Jeopardy here.)

Here is what I discovered. The Bible was written for me! Yes, it was written for you also. But, from my perspective God intends for me to use the Bible as MY guide not as my guide for YOU! Granted if you come to me for counsel hopefully I will give you Biblically based counsel. But the Word is for ME.

Now, I believe that our challenge is to stop trying to apply the Bible to each other and really, truly, focus on applying it to ourselves. It is easier said than done. It takes a true commitment to want God's best for yourself. It takes humility to admit our flaws. It takes time to find God's direction. It takes strength and determination to make the change. The fact is if we continue to allow satan to put "anyone's" name in Bible verses and stories other than ours we lose, he wins.

I want to stop that cycle. I know you do as well. Let's make a conscious effort to focus on us as we study God's Word. Just say NO - to reading God's Word and applying it to your friends and family.

By the way, if you want to know what you need to focus on CALL ME.

No comments: