Tuesday, April 28, 2009

On Guard!

2 Peter 3:17-18

Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from you secure positions. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

We have been forewarned. Now we must be "on guard"

I think you would agree that it is easy to be carried away. I really have to be focused to stay on my guard. So how do I do that? I have to work on my relationship with God. I have to speak to Him and read His word. I need people in my life that will challenge my thinking and my actions.

These things are not easy to do when we are in the throws of living, but they are necessary to be who we really want to be. When I wanted to get a degree in college I spent a lot of time studying. When I wanted to fool Kelley into marrying me I spent a lot of time getting to know her.

If I want to be "ON GUARD", I must study His book and spend time to get to know Him.

No comments: