Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Live FLAT!

I don't know about you but I wish I could start my financial life over with the info I have now. I believe I would make much better decisions that would have me in a much better financial position today. I suppose I can't cry over spilt milk (which is difficult to do now that milk is $4 per gallon) but I wish it were different.

I spoke with a group of High School seniors and underclass college students yesterday about that subject. I think we have discussed here before about cycles in the economy and such, so you already know my thoughts on that.

How cool would it be if a generation were able to grasp the truth about economic cycles and begin to flatten those cycles out for themselves by preparing for bad times during good times? This could change the world. I am not saying that economies would no longer be cyclical, I am not near smart enough to figure out what the ultimate result of this action would be on a macro economic level. The truth is I don't really care.

What I do believe is that if we "Christians" stood out of the crowd during bad economic times as if we were unaffected, man would we have a story to tell. I may have said this before, but I am going to continue this tirade until we get it and change our actions. Think about it. When Joseph gathered the food during 7 good years, everyone came to him during the 7 bad years.

Did Joseph have a forum to speak to people?

Did Joseph create a means to meet everyone's needs?

And oh by the way, he also created a fortune for Egypt as well.

I want to make a wish for you, that may not be Christian but whatever. I wish for you that you would build a financial life for you and your family that will allow you to live a steady life. Not an up and down cyclical what is going to happen next life. A good, fun, happy, no stress, how can we follow God kind of life.

If you do that you will have a forum to share God's love. I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great advice! Good to see you blogging again and look forward to reading more posts soon.

Mic