Monday, January 28, 2008

Politics are fun aren't they.

As I take time out of my busy life to do my duty and pay attention to the State of the Union address (ok, so I was very aggravated that there was nothing else on, I missed Wife Swap for goodness sake) I am reminded of how important it is to be involved and vote.

I would no more tell you who to vote for than give you a bite of my cheese burger but I am increasingly agitated with the whole process. A few weeks ago our Pastor spoke about Nehemiah and how his life was cushy yet he saw the bad situation in his homeland and how his people were being taken advantage of. The good news is he decided to use his cushy life and its influence to affect change. And he did. You can read about it in the Bible.

I guess for me I don't understand why those we elect can't remember who elected them and work for those people rather than whoever has the money. It seems simple to me. I know that things are never as simple or as difficult as they seem but aren't we making this WAY to difficult.

Anyway, take some time and get to know the candidates. Then vote for whoever most closely holds your view. But whoever you vote for have fun.

No comments: