Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Blessed 2

On December 3, I wrote that I sometimes take things for granted until I am reminded of the blessings that I have. I thought about this after a couple of hospital visits I made. Thankfully, both of those people are home now and continuing to get better.

Last week I was again at the hospital. This time I was in a room of my own for 4 days. I don't know if you have ever done that before but those are some long days. I am out now and doing well, thank you.

I guess for me I have never had that experience and it was wierd. Roomservice was great but it wasn't the best food I have had. Anyway, I now understand how important it is to visit and contact those in the hospital. Of course, each situation is different but I would say for most people you trying to do something in the way of contact (whether phone or personal) is the best action. I was bored to tears the vast majority of the days I was there and loved talking to those who called and came by.

I thank God for continuing the healing process on me and for giving me a glimpse of how to handle this tough time in people's lives.

It can be difficult to make the time to visit people but that is why we are here isn't it??

No comments: