Tuesday, September 25, 2007

How Rich Are You!!

I saw an article today that is pretty amazing!! Apparently there is a resort in Sri Lanka that has a dessert on its menu that costs $14,500. When I saw this I really expected there to be some sort of exotic animal part in the dessert. However, it turns out they put an 80 carat Aquamarine Gem stone in the thing. I wonder how much it would cost to fix your teeth after biting down on it? Anyway, that is amazing. $14,500 for a dessert (and a rock). That is more money than some 90% of the world's population makes in a year. Incredible.

I don't know about you but even if I could afford that dessert I wouldn't buy it. I guess what puts it in perspective though is we would have no problem spending that on a "good" used car.

WE TRULY ARE RICH!

Remembering that we are rich is a big challenge. I have to deal with that in myself everyday. As we move toward week two in Crown it is vital that we remember: "Everything in the Heavens and earth are Yours O Lord!"

Have a great day.

No comments: